Interview with Linda
1. Education / work experience?
I studied at the Modevakschool (fashion school) in Zutphen and while I was still working towards my graduation I applied at Assepoester. Family and friends showed me a vacancy at Assepoester because they thought: “That is really something for you!” So after I had received three of the exact same advertisements from them, I decided to apply. It was great that I could start right away after my graduation.
2. Married/ Engaged/ In love /Divorced/Kids?
In love and that is enough for now. We are currently looking for a nice house.
3. What are your hobbies?
I love to shop, catch a movie and occasionally I like to just hang out on the couch. I often go out to do fun things.
4. What is your favourite colour?
Lime green; nice and fresh!
5. What is your favourite movie?
I like humorous movies; nice comedies. And I always like romantic movies. I really enjoyed Step up and Saved the last dance, for instance.
6. Favourite cocktail/drink?
Bacardi coke. At home we often experiment with cocktails; we mix all kinds of stuff when we play poker with our neighbours, hihi.
top to toe and help them with such an important day.
I always have a great day, really.”
7. What is the most romantic thing that ever happened to you?
The first kiss with my boyfriend. It was by the water and we had champagne. Totally okay!
8. Finish this sentence: when I grow up, I….
want to be happy with my boyfriend. I want to be able to look back on my life and be happy with all the things I did. I will still be working in the world of fashion, because that is what I like best. I will probably stick to bridal fashion. I have such a great job right now!
9. What is it like to be an Assepoester?
Fun! We have such a great team and my job always makes me happy. You dress people from top to toe and help them with such an important day. I always have a great day, really. You couldn’t wish for more.
10. How do you become an Assepoester? Do you have any advice?
You always have to be in the right mood if you are an Assepoester. It is important that you make the client’s visit enjoyable, like a small party. And you cannot be uptight.
11. Which Assepoester client will you never forget?
I think the first client that bought something from me. It was a very luxurious formal evening dress. And all the times when I get really nice feedback from people about how happy they are that they have found their dress.
12. What is your Arnhems Meisje feeling?
I am from Arnhem myself! Arnhems chicks are young & hip.
13. How can a client make you happy (present)?
If they are happy themselves, them I am satisfied too. That is enough for me. Besides that I like just about anything. A great perfume, clothing or beautiful jewellery…
14. Who would you love to have as a client? And who would you loathe to help?
I would just love to see my own sister in a wedding gown. I have two sisters and it seems so much fun to help them. I’d also like to help Wendy van Dijk. Everything looks good on her.
15. What’s so great about Arnhem?
I was born and raised here and I wouldn’t want to leave in a hurry! There is some great shopping here; the town has all you need. Besides, I know everything here.
16. What is your favourite other store in Arnhem?
I really like Brassa; a hip gift store in the town centre.
17. What is your favourite restaurant/cafe/club in Arnhem?
I don’t really go clubbing, but I do like to go out and have a drink at a sidewalk café every now and then. I don’t really care where. I often go dining at De Twins; a pub where you can have a meal and I love to wok at Wokmasters in Zevenaar.
18. If you had to design your own wedding dress, what would it look like?
Something without too many frills. Simple, yet special. With a special model in it, for instance. And I would indeed go for ivory. What a hard question! Clients often ask me this question too and I just don’t know yet.
I have two sisters and it seems so much fun to help them!”
19. Who would you like to design a wedding dress for?
For people that are close to me. People from my inner circle. My sisters, for instance, or close friends.
20. What kind of wedding dress do you find ugly?
A dress with loads of beads, lace (the really ugly kind) and dresses that are decorated too heavily.
21. What accessories do you like to wear?
I always wear my friendship ring and often wear a necklace or earrings.
22. Favourite designer?
Ermano Scervino. His designs are quiet, modern and suit me. He was also the inspiration for my graduation collection.
23. Who is your style icon?
Christina Aguilera always looks stylish. But that is mainly because of her cosmetics.
24. Can you predict trends in the field of bridal fashion/formal evening wear for the future?
It is getting more modern to choose formal evening wear that you can wear more than once, for instance by removing a layer of the skirt so that your skirt becomes shorter instantly.
I feel that the Arnhems Meisje collection follows that trend really well. You can have a great time mixing & matching and this way you can wear your clothes more often.